Quality of Life
Westmoreland County's wide-open waters, rolling fields and vast forests are a welcome alternative to the clutter and congestion of nearby metropolitan areas. Here, you can leave work and be on your boat in a matter of minutes. More and more business owners, executives and telecommuters just can't wait for vacation, retirement or even the weekend to come to Westmoreland County. And once they're here, they're here to stay.
- We have over 5,250 acres of pristine, waterfront parks and nature preserves that offer educational and recreational programs and activities.
- With 250 miles of shoreline along the creeks and coves of the Potomac, Rappahannock and Yeocomico Rivers, you'll enjoy kayaking, sailing, fishing and taking in the view.
- Our temperate climate with four distinct seasons means you can enjoy our natural resources all year long.
- Museums and National Register of Historic Places properties are beautiful, educational and provide a stimulating outlet for volunteerism and cultural enrichment.
- Lack of congestion, low taxes and almost no crime give you the time, money and peace of mind to enjoy Westmoreland County's remarkable natural and historic amenities with your family and friends.
- Roadside stands offer fresh-picked, locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs, plants and cut flowers and holiday greens year round.
- Washington, DC and Richmond are within easy driving distance.