Coronavirus Information & Updates
When you live in Westmoreland County, medical and dental care is available close to home. Several primary care physicians and dentists have local offices.
In addition, to ensure that all county residents have access to health care, the non-profit Westmoreland Medical Center in Montross offers comprehensive and affordable primary health care services on an income-based scale. Some clinical services also are available from the Westmoreland County Health Department.
The county is a short drive from two inpatient facilities, Riverside Tappahannock Hospital in Tappahannock and Rappahannock General Hospital in Kilmarnock. Highly specialized health services are available at regional hospitals in Fredericksburg and Richmond.
- Community Broadcast from Westmoreland County Department of Social Services
- Virginia Department of Health (VD)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Rappahannock General Hospital
- Riverside Tappahannock Hospital
- Westmoreland County Health Department
- Westmoreland Medical Center
Office of Epidemiology-Division of Surveillance and Investigation
The Division of Surveillance and Investigation's mission is to serve the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia by monitoring for the occurrence of reportable and emerging diseases or suspected outbreaks of illness (natural or otherwise), providing recommendations and guidance to prevent the spread of communicable diseases, and investigating outbreaks of disease and other public health emergencies.