- Westmoreland County Department of Social Services is no longer accepting section 8 applications.
- Fuel Assistance Applications are accepted 10/12/21 through 11/12/21.
- Crisis assistance begins 11/1/21 thru 3/15/22.
Rules for Entry and Alternatives to Coming On Site
- Citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for Benefit Programs, including Cooling Assistance, online at www.commonhelp.virginia.gov or by telephone by calling 1-855-635-4370.
- Citizens are strongly encouraged to use the agency drop box, located outside the front entrance, to leave paperwork or applications. The dropbox is accessible 24-hours a day.
- Citizens may fax required documentation to the agency. The agency fax number is 804-493-9309.
- Lobby occupancy will be limited to 10 persons at a time so please limit the number of persons with you when you visit the agency. After 10 persons in the lobby, additional visitors will be requested to wait outside, either in their car or outside but observing appropriate social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Appointments are strongly recommended. Please call 804-493-9305 if you need an in-person meeting with an agency staff member.